Our processes are aligned with both guidance in the International Finance Corporation “Principles of Impact Management” as well as the “Impact Management Project”. We focus on assessing five dimensions of impact. Understanding and managing the achievement of impact is embedded in all stages of investment beyond screening.
The Five Dimensions of Impact
- What outcomes appear in the period?
- How important are the outcomes to the people or planet experiencing them?
- Who experiences the outcome?
- How undeserved are the affected stakeholders in relation to the outcome?
- How much of the outcome occurs across scale, depth and duration?
- Would this change likely have happened anyway?
- What is the risk to people or planet that impact does not occur as expected?